[slackintosh-users] Re: Upgrading glibc

  • From: Adrian Ulrich <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 20:48:51 +0200

Hi James,

> So the topic says it all.  I have slack 10.2, and I've just now run
> into an interesting issue with postfix-2.4.1

I had the same issue with Slackintosh 11.0 and postfix 2.4.0.

The makedef script of postfix checks if the current system is running a
2.6 kernel (epoll was not supported on linux < 2.6). If it does,
postfix will build epoll support.

Well: Slackintosh 2.6 uses a 2.6 kernel, but due to stability issues
glibc was compiled using linux 2.4-headers.

Even if your kernel has epoll support, the Slackintosh glibc does not
support it.

There are 2 solutions:

#1 Upgrade to -current. Epoll works fine there
#2 Compile postfix with -DNO_EPOLL

Regards,
 Adrian

--
 RFC 1925:
   (11) Every old idea will be proposed again with a different name and