[slackintosh-users] Re: Tri-booting question

  • From: Jackoverfull <jackoverfull@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:01:24 +0100

Il giorno 27/nov/07, alle ore 04:49, James Lay ha scritto:

On 11/26/07 1:23 PM, "Jackoverfull" <jackoverfull@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Il giorno 26/nov/07, alle ore 21:19, Adrian Ulrich ha scritto:

Question....is there a way to have the Slackintosh bootloader boot
Tiger And
Leopard?

Tri-booting is possible (unless OSX is somehow freaking out).

I wouldn't use yaboot to do it: OpenFirmware can handle this itself
just fine:

Just hit 'Alt' while powering up and you'll see the 'OpenFirmware
Partiton Selector' (or how it's called).

This is a good way too, if you're fine pressing "alt" every time. ;-)

Thanks to all on this.
You're welcome.

As I got everything up and running I saw that yaboot
could boot one osx and one os9, but not make the distinction from 10.4 and
10.5,
No, this isn't a yaboot problem, it's only it's installer. You can make that distinction manually after the installation, adding how many systems you like, but yaboot isn't touched at all, is only a startup script matter.

so for now I think I'll be looking at the alt key a few times :D  An
interesting sidenote....as I restored from my archive (it was just a fresh
install of Slackintosh 12) I noticed my root account password wasn't
working.  I booted up with the Slackintosh 12 cd...mounted chroot blah
blah..and passwd'd roots password. Reboot, and still no go. I can login with an account that has full sudo rights and still can't seem to get the root password to stick. Never seen anything like it. Any hints on this
one?  Thanks again.

James

Strange…Have you tried to change the password using the other accoun?