[slackintosh-users] Re: Status?

  • From: Adrian Ulrich <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 13:43:42 +0200

> Are we far from a complete slackintosh release?
10.1-final will be released soon (maybe today)

(But it's still not as big as the real Slackware: Only 2 ISOs)

> What about making it OldWorld compatible (I found no ramdisk on the cd)?

The Install-CD (#1) starts using a Ramdisk with BusyBox 1.x ..

After the installation, we don't use an initrd.
(I don't like ramdisks, and IMHO they are useless if you don't need
 to support trillions of rootfs's/hd-controllers).

But this may change if needed..

-- Adrian

--
 We're working on it, slowly but surely...or not-so-surely in the spots
we're not so sure... -- Larry Wall