[slackintosh-users] Re: Slackintosh is up and running X

  • From: DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 17:40:13 -0500

Marco Bonetti wrote:

DAve wrote:
I tried the sysctl idea last night but it generates an error. I think I
found the same page on the wiki you pointed me to.
weird, maybe does sysctl requires a 2.6 kernel?

This runs surprisingly fast, I am very happy.
fluxbox rocks :D

ciao

Yes, I like it because I rarely use X. If I got to use a GUI I prefer Mac system 7 or Blackbox/Fluxbox. They both do so little, but they do it so well.

Maybe I am a terminal snob, I certainly am one of those people who hate configuring with a passion. I really don't care what my desktop looks like, plain grey works fine. I don't need dancing monkey icons, no waving/billowing menus with snap to attention title bars, no rotisserie program selectors. I was glad to see BB/FB hadn't gone the way of feature bloat in the last 5 years.

I appreciate everyones help. I am sure I'll have more questions. I will get the step by step done and find a place to put it.

DAve

Veterans?