[slackintosh-users] Re: Slackintosh 11

  • From: Jeremy Mann <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:52:18 -0500

Scratch that... WASN'T too much of a hassle.. Sorry ;(

Jeremy Mann wrote:
I figured as much. I kept trying to get Patrick to include a SMP kernel since 7.1. Just NOW does he include one for 11.0 ;) So I kinda figured the same would apply for Slackintosh. I had to recompile the kernel anyway because this is a dual G4 machine so it was too much of a hassle.

Marco Bonetti wrote:
On 10/12/06, Jeremy Mann <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One thing I did have to do that I didn't expect was to compile modules
for a USB webcam and an Ensoniq 1371 sound card. I took a look at the
kernel config file and Video for Linux was missing and only the Apple
onboard sound was available as a module. This wasn't too terrible, just
an unexpectation.
kernel modules support is "ask-for-them" ;-)

As I'm currently daily working with slackintosh default kernel I'll
add what I need but everyone is free to request support: if you
specify which ones you need we build them in the next kernel release.

ciao