[slackintosh-users] Re: Problem with slackintosh current

  • From: Adrian Ulrich <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 20:22:48 +0200

Hi,

> Problem: On my Mac Mini i have normaly 2 installations. After an update of
> one installation to current
> (10.2 to current via slapt-get), the complete partition table was empty!

* Did you also upgrade the kernel?
* Any syslog messages?

> Yes, total empty, no entry in mac-fdisk.

..and mac-fdisk reported the correct geometry/size of the drive?

Maybe you just used the wrong device file:

The PowerPC kernel has a setting that forces swapping hda <-> hdc
(CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC_ATA100FIRST).

So /dev/hda will be your harddrive IF CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC_ATA100FIRST is
set to 'y'.
If CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC_ATA100FIRST is disabled, /dev/hdc should be the
harddrive.

(Marco: The -current kernel is configured with
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_PMAC_ATA100FIRST=y .. correct? :-) )

> So, i´d like to ask, if someone else had a similar "experience".

I'm running -current since months on my minimac without any problems and i can't
imagine how a package would be able to drop the partition table.

--
Stop arguing with the expert.
Do "postsuper -r" or stop complaining.