[slackintosh-users] Re: Powerbook g4

  • From: Gufo <gaudente@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:05:54 +0100

On 12/02/06 14:52, Marco Bonetti wrote:
> looks like you're the first to report this problem.
> If you can track it down booting with a live distro like ubuntu or
> gentoo we can build a
> custom kernel for you. So far I think it should be a missing kernel
> module or, pheraps, some support added in later kernels.

I did it,
debian (2.6.8-something) doesn't recognise superdrive nor disk and the
screen flickers, on gentoo 2005.1 (2.6.12.n) is the same, someone claims
that an experimental gentoo cd boots but i can't download it because the
site is password protected.

I tried to add a new kernel to slackintosh cdrom, but i don't know how
to do it...it's not as simple as in slackware i386 :-)

Thanks!
Gufo
--
  ,___,       ( Reality is for people who can't deal with drugs )