[slackintosh-users] Re: OpenOffice.org 2.2.1

  • From: Sunil Amitkumar Janki <psychicistnonconformist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 17:16:52 +0200

Marco Bonetti wrote:

Jan wrote:
I guess there are about 90 languages supported (you can see the list in
solenv/inc/postset.mk), each takes ~550MB (including the languagepack), so
you'll probably need ~50GB free space for building...
Ok, I can afford the space constraint (I've a spare 80GB partition on
fw400 drive) but I' running on a G4 867Hz: last time I build OOo 2.0.x
from fink took something like a week :)
Maybe I can prepare something.

It shouldn't take *that* long to build OpenOffice.org. I have been
building 2.2.1 and 2.3.0rc2 since yesterday on MIPS and SPARC
unsuccessfully until now due to bugs but it should take less than
24 hours.

It probably makes a big difference that I have actually built
Slackware like LFS/Gentoo, that is reasonably optimised to the
processor on which it is to run and I have also optimised the
compiler.

I only have a MIPS processor at 660 MHz and 256 RAM in one box
and the other one has 2 UltraSPARC IIs at 400 MHz with 1.5 GB
RAM. I should probably get some PPC hardware soon from the likes
of Ebay (Marktplaats/Speurders here in NL).

Sunil