[slackintosh-users] OldWorld (beige G3) support?

  • From: Mikael Andersson <manders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:00:36 -0400

I'm about to try to install Slackintosh on a beige G3 I've acquired. 233MHz CPU, 64MB RAM, desktop configuration, Zip, floppy, CD-ROM, everything ATAPI. BootX is already installed and working on an HFS partition with OS 8.1. I realize Slackintosh is intended for NewWorld machines, but is there a reason it would not work on OldWorld with BootX? I'm assuming I would simply copy the kernel and initrd setup file to my HFS partition, tell BootX to mount the CD as a root file system, run through the installer, and then reconfigure BootX to boot from my new root filesystem on the hard drive...?

Any caveats?

Thanks,
--
Mikael Andersson