[slackintosh-users] Modem

  • From: Mike <michael_six@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:09:59 -0800

Well, I am trying to get slack going as best I can, using rc scripts.  I
have alsa done, and I created some dm scripts to start the display
manager from init 3 instead of changing the default to init 4, my hope
in this is to bypass the behavior noted in the inittab with runlevel 4,
though I have not tested that yet.  Now reading previous emails, I am
thinking maybe of making usb totally modular and using the rc.usb to
load usbcore as well, but as for the questions I have at this point:

Thorsten, for compatibility where did you put gnome?   Did you do
/opt/gnome?  The reason I ask is the path in my rc script needs to be
temporarily altered for 'which' to work and set the full path to kdm, or
xdm, etc...  For my own personal use this doesn't matter but I would
like to contribute these scripts to slackintosh.

Now, for the life of me I can't figure out my modem, but for the first
time a few minutes ago I ran lsof in slack and found out that something
called kded is using /dev/tty/0
 which I guess is a symlink to /dev/ttyS0.  Now I am in gentoo and lsof
doesn't even show kded, so any help would be appreciated.

--Mike