[slackintosh-users] Re: MOL (mol-0.9.71_pre8_2.6.17.13-powerpc-1)

  • From: "Marco Bonetti" <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 09:09:12 +0200

On 10/23/06, Mike S <michael_six@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That being said the reason for this post.  I do not know if maybe the
package has been recompiled or some other way fixed, but when running
mol, OS X Tiger is the only one that I could get to load, for some
reason OS 9 will not, it complains about a missing /sbin/iptables, I
looked and this file is indeed NOT there, but it is in /usr/sbin.
the iptables issue has just pointed out to me by an italian user, as I
reply to him /sbin/iptables is written into the tunconfig script,
which you have to manually edit to suit your needs as any other files
in the mol config directory.

however this seems to confuse users, so I'll patch it in the next release.

That brings up one more question directed to Adrian, since I was
thinking of doing the same thing a while back, what inspired you to do
it? (compile Slack)
may I jump into the question? ;-)
I started building slackintosh roughly at the same time adrian did
then a friend of mine said he was told by one of his friends (damned
pointers ;-) ) that he read about a post on a powerpc version of
slackware, so I just mailed adrian and work with him.

what inspired me doing it? As I wrote in a post in my blog:
http://sid77.livejournal.com/8380.html there's not enough slackware in
the world :D

ciao

--