[slackintosh-users] Re: Installing 12.0

  • From: Andrew Mason <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 23:47:18 +1030

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:22:02 pm Marco Bonetti wrote:
> On Tue, November 6, 2007 13:11, Andrew Mason wrote:
> > /dev/hda3         Apple_Bootstrap bob                11718751 @ 2018
> > ( 5.6G)  NewWorld bootblock
>
> it has wrong partition type, don't know why, but it should read
> Apple_UNIX_SVR2 instead of Apple_Bootstrap: mac-fdisk (and, then,
> slackintosh installer) thinks it's a bootstrap partition.
>
> > Should I try and install 11 again and manually upgrade to -current that
> > way ?
>
> naaah, better rechecking your partitions.

Yeh i wasn't sure about that...not sure how ubuntu manages to boot off of it
but anyway, is there a chance you could instruct me how to do this.

I tried actually doing this to begin with using mac-fdisk. It asked me for the
start block...
i gave it 2p and then it asked me for a size i think,  i gave it 3p hoping it
would pick the start of the next partition (also tried with 3p and 4p) and it
asked me for a name, then said it was an invalid range.