[slackintosh-users] Re: Installation-problems

  • From: Marco Bonetti <marco.bonetti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:27:30 +0200

On Friday 26 August 2005 18:06, Thorsten Johannvorderbrueggen wrote:
> - kde select during "packages series selection" has no effect! You have
> to install it by your own.
kde is in the disk 2... uhm... it will be fixed in the next release :)

> - on disk1 there´s a newer version of arts 1.4.0, while in the kde dir
> on disk2 the version is 1.3.2. I think the version on disk1 is the right
> choice.
obviously a mistake :)
I've just checked a slackware-10.1 mirror: arts-1.3.2 is in l/ and not in kde/
(source/ has 1.3.2 in both folders)

> - pbbuttonsd woun´t be installed, if a select all in the "packages
> series selection" --> i think it should be part of disk2
ok, a bug with install scripts
we keep it in disk 1 because it is really needed in a basic setup on a ibook
or a powerbook, disk 2 contains "not so needed" stuff (just like slackware
disc 2)

"If hackers are born, then they're going to get made, and if they're
made into it, they were born."
R. Greenblatt

My GnuPG key id: 86A91047