[slackintosh-users] Installation & Partitioning questions

  • From: Mark Philip <markjohnphilip@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:36:58 +0800

Hi all,
I've just downloaded the 11.0 ISO for Slackintosh.
I have the following machine:
PowerBook G3 400MHz 192MB RAM, 40GB HDD (Pismo)

I currently have this setup:

3 partitions:
1 - Mac OS9 (10GB)
2 - Mac OSX (10GB)
3 - Data HD (18GB) - currently unused.

I would like to preserve Partitions 1 & 2 if possible. Or else I'll just
start from scratch. The plan is to use the Data HD as the installation drive
for Slackintosh. Eventually I will get rid of the OSX partition and use it
as a spare storage partition as I wish to continue using OS9.

Question:
How do I install Slackintosh and partition the Data HD drive? Do I have to
completely destroy all existing partitions? Please advise as I am a Linux
newbie.

I have booted up successfully with the 11.0 CD - just don't know what to do
at the prompt.

Thanks a lot!
Mark in Singapore.