[slackintosh-users] Has 12.1 setup been fully tested from CDs?

  • From: jayseye <slackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:09:28 -0700

Has anyone completely installed Slackintosh 12.1 from CD?

I selected setup's 'everything' option, and got many 'file missing or corrupt' errors when processing Disk 2.

However, all my downloaded ISO files match the values in MD5SUM.txt, and all four CDs pass a 'readcd -c2scan' test with zero errors.

I checked FILELIST.TXT and two of the CHECKSUMS.md5 files on Disk 1, and found a large number of missing files. There's also one checksum failure, for the file boot/initrd.gz

It seems that FILELIST.TXT and the CHECKSUMS.md5 files are actually for the DVD rather than the CD set.

Before I trace the setup issue more deeply, can someone please confirm that the CDs actually succeed, using setup's "everything" option?

My testbed is an iMac DV 400 with 256MB RAM, installing onto an external 10GB drive connected via USB, with 3 partitions: bootstrap, root, and swap.

Thanks for any help on this!