[slackintosh-users] Re: G3 Pizmo Airport card...

  • From: Jon Grosshart <jgrosshart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 10:59:37 -0500

On 12/23/05, Joost Kremers <joostkremers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 01:02:05AM -0500, Jon Grosshart wrote:
> >    Greets all. First, thanks for porting my favorite distro to PPC...
> :-)
> >    I'll  try  to be brief. My airport card is eth1 and I have to
> manually
> >    modprobe  airport.  inet1  doesn't  seem to identify it. So I
> modprobe
> >    from  the  beginning  of rc.inet1 (can't find a rc.modulesanymore)...
>
> then just create rc.modules and make it executable. rc.inet1 is not the
> right place to load modules.
>
> >    airport, orinoco and hermes all get loaded.
> >    rc.pcmcia  gives  me  a bunch of IO errors so I chmoded it to 644...
>
> you don't need rc.pcmcia for the airport card.
>
> >    set  my  rc.wireless.conf  with  my  essid,  mode and key. I filled
> in
> >    IPADDR,NETMASK  and  GATEWAY  in  rc.inet1.conf.  I  am using a
> Belkin
> >    router  which  works fine on my X86 laptop under Slackware. I can
> ping
> >    my  router  at [1]192.168.2.1 and I see the WLAN light flash
> everytime
> >    it  gets  pinged.  I  just  can't get online. Not sure what to do
> from
> >    here.
>
> ifconfig and route -n would be the first things to check.
>
> --
> Joost Kremers, PhD
> Graduate College "Satzarten"
> J.W. Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main
> Varrentrappstrasse 40-42
> 60486 Frankfurt am Main
> Germany
> Tel. +49 69 798 28050

Thanks guys... I got her working. I think manually adding an
/etc/resolv.conf is what did the trick. Not sure tho. I was using a make
shift /etc/route.config... Don't know if that was screwing things up. I
removed it and stuck with a Slackware specific setup.

Switched to using DHCP in rc.inet1.conf, created a rc.modules based from
Slackware 10.2, manually defined my /etc/resolv.conf by looking at
Slackware's, defined necessary info in rc.wireless.conf and it runs...

Thanks again. This is nice.... I was getting tired of OSX.... :-) I have
some $ left over. Think I'll donate to Slackintosh.