[slackintosh-users] Endianess issue?

  • From: Mike <michael_six@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:10:06 -0800

The following I recieved last week:

When I rebooted into the new kde environment kde sound-system is pure static.

Looks like an endian-issue :-/ ..

artsd itself works fine (mplayer -ao arts).. just the kdemultimedia junk doesn't

Maybe Slackintosh should drop KDE support and include Gnome?! ;-)

.... and I noticed the following today ....

Another question:
When kde starts , the sound is not so good as I
expect.

It's a known problem with -current.

Looks like a bug in kdemultimedia (arts is okay).. maybe
an endianness problem...

How would one go about tracking this down, I run the same version of kde and
kde multimedia in gentoo and I have no problems....
 Should I maybe try adjusting some slack build and recompiling kde multimedia,
and report the results of that?

--Mike