[slackintosh-users] Re: Bootable CD/initrd problem

  • From: Mark Glassberg <vzeeaxwl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 10:56:07 -0400

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 12:32:03AM +0200, Adrian Ulrich wrote:
> Well: Does *your* kernel support initrd?

I thought it best to supplement my reply with an explanation of why I
needed to recompile the default kernel.  Mine is a Rev. 1 Blue & White
Power Mac G3.  The default kernel cannot read my hard drive, apparently
because CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD64X is not set, but it can read my zip drive.
On the other hand, the alternate kernel can read my hard drive, but
cannot read my zip drive, apparently because CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY
is not set.  An idefloppy module might solve my problem, but there is
none; and, even if there were, the alternate kernel is 2.6.11.2 but the
modules are for the 2.6.17.13 default kernel.