[skycastle-dev] Skycastle News Update - Refactored roadmap

  • From: zzorn <zzorn@xxxxxx>
  • To: skycastle-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:04:36 -0800 (PST)

Hello again!

I'm back again after the Christmas vacations and a busy spell at work.

Welcome to Assargadon who joined the team recently, and also helped me
understand the importance of a low barrier of entry to the project.

No real coding done yet this year, but we refactored the roadmap, splitting
features (http://www.skycastle.org/wiki/Category:Feature) into own pages,
and just listing the next and future features on the Roadmap
(http://www.skycastle.org/wiki/Roadmap). We will focus on making
installation of both the client and server as easy as possible. The game
will just feature a simple chat system in the next release.

I also moved moved the Forum / mailing list archives into the main site,
using the new embedding feature of Nabble
(http://www.skycastle.org/wiki/Forum). This frees us from having to maintain
two skins on the website (and the Nabble version of the skin was always hard
to get to work with all browsers, even the current website skin has some
problems on less common ones).

Cheers,

-- Hans (zzorn)