[SKRIVA] Utmärkt engelsk artikel om Stieg L

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 13:39:28 +0100

Här är en utmärkt artikel om Stieg Larsson på engelska, där det avslöjas en del
detaljer som iaf jag inte sett i svensk press (och skälet kan vara att Eva
Gabrielsson håller litet distans till svensk press, som är hysteriskt hypande):

http://www.fmwf.com/taxonomy/lifestyle/2010/01/the-girl-who-didnt-inherit-a-fortune-widow-of-bestselling-swedish-author-stieg-larsson-has-not-seen-a-penny-of-his-20m/

Det sägs en del om Stiegs L:s och Eva G:s familjer, t ex, och en del åsikter
den senare har framstår tydligare än i svensk artiklar. Reportern har
uppenbarligen talat med Eva Gabrielsson.
  Några utdrag:

"‘Stieg would be horrified,’ she says. ‘We were constantly collaborating and it
is my brainchild as well. The only way I can explain the seriousness of it is
that it is like someone selling your children, placing them in any old
whorehouse for the rest of their lives.
  ‘It was never about money, but about common sense and upholding the quality
of Stieg’s work. The family want the beginnings of the fourth book in the
Millennium series that I have. It would be pointless to print it without
finishing it, which I have offered to do if they give me the rights to his
work.’
  She says of Erland and Joakim: ‘I had no idea they had it in them to behave
like this when money and power came along. Stieg really disliked his father.
Stieg was afraid of nothing. His father and brother were totally different.
  ‘I don’t think they know what it is like to be in a close relationship. They
blew the last 50 years and they still don’t get it.’ ...
  ‘In 1997 he’d written a short story about a man who receives an anonymous
bunch of flowers every year on his birthday,’ says Eva.
  ‘I said, “why don’t you write about what happened to him?”‘...
In 1983, he proposed. They bought gold wedding rings and had their names
engraved on the back.
Eva’s is now worn with age and embedded into the shape of her finger. ‘We were
going to marry that autumn,’ she says.
  But before they set a date, Stieg became the Scandinavian correspondent for
the anti-fascist, anti-racist magazine Searchlight — and thus a high-profile
target for Right-wing groups. ...
  ‘It was as if Erland was a distant relative, rather than his father,’ says
Eva.
  ‘Stieg disliked him to the extent that I had no idea even when his brother
got married or had children. None of his colleagues at Expo knew of his brother
either.’"

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur