[SKRIVA] Sf-dikt

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 22:35:31 +0200

På en annan lista berättar John-Henri Holmberg om fanen Torkel Franzén (i det
civila filosof; undertecknad hade honom som föreläsare under urtida
filosofistudier!) som avled för några år sedan. Och drar därvid fram en dikt
Torkel skrev om fenomenet science fiction, till sin femtionde födelsedag:

Song in my fiftieth year

        Science fiction! The death rays,
        the hyperspace engines brought me,
        not to the far stars,
        but to realities close to the flesh:
        the touch of girls, the smell of ink,
        the queasiness of stomach.
        How strangely entwined,
        the sense of wonder
        and the wonder of the senses.

        "War and famine stalk the world
        like two giant stalking things."
        This from Blackadder, whose mot juste
        applies as much today.
        But things are getting better,
        even in the brief years I've counted up.
        Tom Lehrer also observed events,
        and found that reality outstripped satire.
        Will ever some clown set foot on Mars?

        Silent footage from this century's beginning,
        bounced off a satellite into my home,
        shows me myself most clearly:
        a young boy laughing into the camera
        at a thing so new and exciting;
        an old man hobbling past,
        his mind on things the way they were.
        Somebody points with his cane.
        Somebody lifts a glass to his lips.

        We aging desperadoes stubbornly set foot
        on this planet of our own imagination,
        the planet Earth, whose strange inhabitants
        have faces that tell tales of joys and woes.
        We tilt our necks to look at the stars
        and the stars look back on us.
        There is a stillness in the very air
        and the feather weight of the universe
        falls on our upturned faces.

Ett antal av Torkels dikter finns att läsa här (de är på engelska). Man klickar
på dikttiteln till vänster bara.

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Be an @SFJournalen Twitter Follower for all the latest
news in short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).