[SKRIVA] Röstfuskade mot Obama

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 23:15:20 +0200

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/17/indiana-dem-official-sentenced-to-prison-for-08-ballot-fraud-in-obama-clinton/
"As Hillary Clinton prepares for a possible presidential run in 2016, it
appears that she could have knocked then-candidate Barack Obama off the 2008
primary ballot in Indiana.
If anyone, including her campaign, had challenged the names and signatures on
the presidential petitions that put Obama on the ballot, election fraud would
have been detected during the race.
But at the time, no one did.
On Monday, there was some closure to the case, though, as the four defendants
who were convicted or pleaded guilty in the state's presidential petition fraud
scandal were sentenced. Only one received prison time for the illegal scheme
that touched the race for the White House.
"If there is a victim here, it is probably the Democratic Party," said St.
Joseph Superior Court Judge John Marnocha. "The defendants who were saying, 'I
was just following orders,' or 'I was just doing my duty,' that's no excuse.
Through history a lot of evil has been done by those saying they were just
following orders."
The plot successfully faked names and signatures on both the Obama and Clinton
presidential petitions that were used to place the candidates on the ballot. So
many names were forged -- an estimated 200 or more -- that prosecutor Stanley
Levco said that had the fraud been caught during the primary, "the worst that
would have happened, is maybe Barack Obama wouldn't have been on the ballot for
the primary."

Röstfusk, ack så vanligt.

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Be an @SFJournalen Twitter Follower for all the latest
news in short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).