[SKRIVA] Prel Åcon 5-program

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 07:04:21 +0200

Jukka Halme har på¨Åcon-listan pubbat det preliminäöra programmet för Åcon 5
(17-20/5, aconfive.wordpress.com). Så här lyder det:

I present you here the inaugural programming schedule which still needs some
tweaking, but for the most part it will look like as follows:

THURSDAY

Opening takes place around 6PM, followed by some important announcements and
such. After the ceremonies, we'll have SQUEE - The Cuddlepunk Manifesto and
finish up the evening with traditional workshop, Make Your Own "Do Not Disturb"
-sign. As always, we're keeping Thursday as relaxed as possible.

FRIDAY

We'll start lightly, with Book Recommendations around Noon. As mentioned
before, let's keep the recommendations to books published in the 21st century
SF, fantasy, horror, paramance, slipstream, new weird, whatever strikes your
fancy and you're enthused to talk about it.

2PM Sherlock Holmes - Carolina Gomez Lagerlöf and Sari Polvinen will take this
baby out and see what it's made of. The original SH, new interpretations,
whatnot.

3PM GoH interview - Cat Valente talks with Nene Ormes

4PM adVANCEd discussion - Linnéa Anglemark and Mika Loponen, supported by Tommy
Persson

5PM Cool-TV - Eemeli Aro explains

6PM Break

7PM Knittertainment - A veritable yarnstorming to the world of Yarnia by the
Knitwits Anonymous

8PM TBA

9PM Post-Modern Fantasy - Karin Tidbeck, Markku Soikkeli, Cat Valente, Cheryl
Morgan and Merja Polvinen

10PM Never mind the Buzzaldrins - Examining the general ignorance of the
attendees with jukkahoo

11PM Book of the Night - Roundtable discussion about The Female Man by Joanna
Russ

SATURDAY

Noon opens with the London 2014 Tea Party, hosted by Carolina Gomez Lagerlöf.
Freshen up with the latest news of the bid.

2PM GoH Speech/Reading - Cat Valente has the floor

3PM That Difficult 2nd Book - Anne Leinonen, Nene Ormes, Saara Henriksson and
Vesa Sisättö talk about that elusive masterpiece, The Follow-Up!

4PM Serious Shit - Merja Polvinen and Mika Loponen Talk Academic Stuff!

5PM Kick-Ass Chicks - Cheryl Morgan, Marianna Leikomaa, Karin Tidbeck and Karin
Waller

6PM Break

8PM Folklore in Fantasy - Karin Tidbeck, Cat Valente, Karin Waller, Anne
Leinonen and Markku Soikkeli

9PM Who Should've Won? - Tommy Persson, Marianna Leikomaa and Jukka Halme

10PM Just a Speculative Fiction Minute! - Combining two game shows should be
twice as fun!

SUNDAY

We'll have a good and thorough Sweet 'n' Sour Gripe Session around Noon. Let us
know what went well and what not.

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Be an @SFJournalen Twitter Follower for all the latest
news in short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).