[SKRIVA] Om Evernote

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:41:03 +0200

Nedanstående msg fick jag på en annan lista, från ingen mindre än
cyberpunk-legendaren Bruce Sterling. Jag vet inte hur hans inblandning i
Evernote är (han är inte programmerare; jag tror han mer är allmän supporter
till projektet):

 http://blog.evernote.com/

 If you took a map of the world and threw a dart at it, you would likely hit an
area with an Evernote community. We’re thrilled to see just how widespread
Evernote use has become over the past year, and we know that we’re only
scratching the surface. Starting today, we embark on an ambitious plan to make
Evernote accessible to more people in more places. Say bonjour to the Evernote
Translation Program. Que?

Evernote is currently available in two languages: English and Russian. By
year’s end, we plan on having Evernote versions in French, German, Italian, and
Spanish. For a company of our size this is a tremendous task, so we need your
help.

How you can help

It’s easy. We have deployed a simple web-based tool that allows you to
translate as much, or as little, of Evernote as you like. Want to translate a
single line of text? Great. Want to translate the entire Evernote for Mac
client? Go for it. The tool will let you do all of this, and also edit existing
translations. There’s no commitment and no minimum. We appreciate any help that
you provide. Why did we choose community translation?

Our goal is to make Evernote accessible to as many people as possible. We chose
the four languages above as a start (and a test). If this process proves
successful, more languages will follow. Ultimately, using this translation
method allows us to focus our very limited resources on the most important task
of all: making Evernote better.

We’ll do our part

Community translation is just one step in the process of launching Evernote in
different countries. While you help us translate, our researchers and engineers
will be busy making our image recognition and other technologies ready for
their international debut. Get startedTo get started, visit the Evernote
Translation Program home

Danke schoen!

AE igen - så här säger Wikipedia om Evernote:
  Evernote is a web service and software application that allows users to
collect notes and information. It supports touch and tablet screens with
handwriting recognition.
Evernote is a subscription service.
  The Evernote web service launched into open beta on June 24, 2008.

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur
(skriva-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, subj: subscribe) YXSKAFTBUD, GE VÅR WCZONMÖ