[SKRIVA] Re: Johan Theorin sommarpratar i P1

  • From: info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 06:18:37 -0700

---- On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 06:07:55 -0700 Ahrvid  wrote ----

>  Detta är vad som står:

Låt mig citera utan att ta texten ur sitt sammanhang (notera rubriken och
inledningen):

"SOME SUGGESTIONS

This is just general stuff we thought you should know. Do with it what you will.

» Don't change the humanize-xxxx settings. These include humanize-mime and
humanize-html, which allow attachments and HTML emails, respectively.
Attachments and HTML emails on a mailing list are two very bad things:
Attachments may not be large, but when multiplied by the number of subscribers
on your list, they result in horrible network problems. Also, you risk the
spread of viruses. HTML mails can also cause network usage problems, but are
mostly just a nuisance to those who pay for their ISP by the minute and for
those who don't use HTML-capable mail readers. [...]"
//www.freelists.org/help/recommended-config.html

Det finns alltså ingen "måste" här, och man förstår enkelt att andra
formateringsinställningar hittas under kategorierna "Humanize ..."

> Det handlar om hurvida man vill *tillåta vissa tillägg*, s k
> attachments (att skicka filer) och HTML-mail

Attachments raderas automatiskt när de går genom listan. Mail formaterade i
html raderas _inte_ utan konverteras till plain text (med kodningsproblem som
följd, numera).

-- Rickard

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skr�ck  *  �ldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx f�r listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).