[SKRIVA] Hon var skräckdrottning och hette Ingrid Pitt

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sverifandom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:15:20 +0100

Man kanske inte skall göra sig lustig över namnet. Ty hennes liv verkar inte ha
varit så lustigt alltid. Hon överlevde nazisternas utrotningsläger och blev
sedan skräckdrottning hos Hammer films. Nu har Ingrid Pitt avlidit, 73 år
gammal:

http://io9.com/5697964/rip-ingrid-pitt-britains-queen-of-horror

Senare, berättar hon i sin självbiografi, flydde hon från Östtyskland, vilket
inte heller var någon sinekur:

"Ingrid Pitt survived a Nazi Concentration Camp and evaded the Communist police
to become one of Britain's most beloved horror stars, reigning over Hammer
films like The Vampire Lovers. She also rocked Doctor Who. She died last night,
aged 73.
Pitt was born in 1937, and her mother was of Jewish descent. Her birth came at
an inopportune time, foiling her parents' plan to escape from the Nazis, and
Pitt was interned in a Concentration Camp at the age of five. Later, she
searched through the European Red Cross refugee camps for her father.
Eventually, she wound up living in East Berlin, where she schemed to become an
actress. She writes in her autobiography, Life's A Scream, "I always had a big
mouth and used to go on about the political schooling interrupting my quest for
thespian glory. I used to think like that. Not good in a police state."
Eventually, she was forced to flee East Berlin on the night of her planned
stage debut, jumping into the River Spree to get away from the East German
authorities. She was rescued from the river by an American soldier who became
her husband. Years later, she was making a film in Berlin, within sight of the
border, and she was terrified the East Germans were watching her."

Att spela in en massa bloddrypande skräckfilmer blir då nästan som ett
antiklimax.

--Ahrvid

Ps. Och en del av skräckfilmerna spelade Ingrid Pitt in med sin kollega...Pippa
Steel. Hm.

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur
(skriva-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, subj: subscribe) YXSKAFTBUD, GE VÅR WCZONMÖ