[SKRIVA] Gunilla Wolde RIP

  • From: Ahrvid <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:52:56 +0200

(Gunilla Wolde, barnboksförfattarinna, har avlidit. Blev dock litet förvånad
när jag såg nedanstående på en utländsk lista. Hon var tydligen någorlunda känd
i utlandet, översatt till 14 språk, och texten är tydligen från Aftonbladet som
skrev den på engelska, refererande till Expressen... Förmedlad av en Paul D F,
som brukar sprida nyhetsnotiser - ungefär som jag. Återger den engelska
texten. --AE)
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article20636298.ab

Paul Di Filippo

pgdf@xxxxxxx

The beloved author Gunilla Wolde has passed away after a brief

illness, according to Expressen.

Her most famous works are the books about Tottenham and Emma.

Gunilla Wolde was 75 years old.

Tottes creator, Gunilla Wolde, is dead. She died on April 15 Kalmar

County Hospital after a brief illness. Gunilla Wolde lived in their

home in Köpingsvik on Öland right up to the last days.

- She has fought against his illness for a long time, but she lived at

home until the end, says his son Per Wolde, 49, told Aftonbladet.

Was much loved by Tottenham

Tottenham is the character that made Gunilla Wolde best known.

Tottenham were based on the youngest son Per.

- When I was growing up, there were no children's books she could

find, so she put in the time and made their own with me as a base. And

it liked the publishers, says Per Wolde.

Tottenham is still a favorite with adults as well as children.

- It's funny to see that the books are all around, says Per Wolde.

The books of Tottenham is about a boy who learns how everyday things

like getting dressed, baking and bathe works.

"The books are selling incredibly well"

The books was first published in the 1970s, has since been translated

into 14 different languages.

- The books are still selling incredibly well, says Kristina Billow on

Ms Woldes publishers, Nature and Culture.

The publisher has not yet had contact with Ms Woldes family and can

not confirm the death.

- We know she has been bad for a few months, but that's all we know,

says Kristina Billow.

Became 75 years old

Books' success was due, according Gunilla Wolde yourself on that they

contained a large dose of humor, that she said herself in a TT

interview last year.

Following the success of Tottenham she created yet another figure,

"Emma" where she picked up a lot from himself.

- When I was five years old, I got a little sister - and was breached.

Many probably know the problem, said Ms himself in TT interview.

Gunilla Wolde was 75 years.

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Follow @SFJournalen on Twitter for the latest news in
short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck * Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).