[SKRIVA] Finsk skrivtävling (på engelska)

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 13:58:47 +0200

http://whatsupfinland.org/english/whats-up-writing-contest-012//

"The themes of this competition are
Finland and the summer, so we would ask all you with flair for writing
to take part in writing a short story of the Finnish summer. Therefore
the story should be fictional and set in Finland during the summer. The
story can be written from any perspective ranging from a Finn?s,
expat?s, or even a squirrel?s, but we hope that the story would have at
least one Finnish character and have some understanding or a view of the
 Finnish culture.

The Competition
The competition is hosted by What?s Up
Finland and is completely independent. After the deadline for the
entries we will review the stories and the editors of What?s Up Finland
will choose the best three stories to be published on What?s Up Finland
by August 15th, 2012. The finalists will be notified via e-mail.
The winner is the story that receives the most Likes by September 18th, 2012!!
The introduction and name of the writer
will be published with the text. All of the entries that weren?t chosen
to the finals will be deleted and your work will not be published or
used. All the rights will remain with the writers and What?s Up Finland
will only publish the text once on the site, if chosen to the finals. We
 will hold the right to translate and publish the winning story in
Hungarian and French on the What?s Up Finland sites of that language
once, the writer will hold the creative rights to both translations.
What?s Up Finland and its editors will not use your text for profit or
share them with any third-parties.

The Prize
The winner will receive a What?s Up Finland t-shirt and the winning piece will
be translated to Hungarian and French for free!

Rules of entry
We will accept entries until August 10th, 012  and only one entry per person.

The contest is held in English, so we will only accept entries written in
English, but everyone is free to join the competition from all the sites. The
length of the story should be between 750  words to1500  words. There is no age
limit for this competitions.

Entries should be sent as: .rtf, .pdf, or plain text.
Entries should be sent to: miki.korhonen(at)whatsupfinland.org
With your story you should include:
Name Surname Age Address E-mail A short introduction of yourself (~100  words)
Picture (Optional) Phone  (Optional)
We will publish the names of all entrants in a special thanks segment unless
stated otherwise when the
competition ends. Your details won?t be shared with anyone and will only
 be used to contact you if necessary and to send you your prize if you
won.

If you include a picture, it will be added to your story along with your name
and your short introduction.

Quick Run Through of the Rules
Writing Prompt: A story set in the Finnish summer with at least one Finnish
character.

Word limit: 750-1500<

Language: English

Deadline: 1.08.2012<

Format: PDF, RTF, Plain Text

One entry per person.

Entries/Questions: miki.korhonen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Be an @SFJournalen Twitter Follower for all the latest
news in short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).