[SKRIVA] Den okända prologen till "2001"

  • From: Ahrvid <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 09:19:11 +0100

Stanley Kubricks film "2001" var  från början tänkt att innehålla  en prolog
där kända  astronomer diskuterade utomjordiskt liv:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2014/dec/11/sci-fi-films-2001-space-odyssey-science-fiction

"Kubrick wanted the movie grounded in fact and originally planned for it
to have a prologue in which Lovell and 20 other scientists would discuss
 their thoughts about aliens, evolution and space travel. But 2001: A
Space Odyssey turned out to be an unusually long film, even without the
prologue, and so the 1966 footage was never used and is now lost.
Fortunately, the transcript has survived and makes fascinating reading. ... Tim
O'Brien,
 about the prologue to the movie. "I was amazed when I heard about this
interview," he said. "Lovell’s speculation about contacting [alien]
civilisations in advance of us by tens of thousands or even a million
years, was interesting."
Lovell discusses "benign or aggressive contact" with aliens in the lost
prologue to 2001, but he doesn’t comment on which type we should expect.
 O’Brien considers his predecessor’s reticence wise "

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Follow @SFJournalen on Twitter for the latest news in
short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).