[SKRIVA] British blizzard

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 18:59:25 +0100

A couple of days ago, I saw pictures of London covered in, well...some snow. A
few inches, a foot tops. And the UK was at a standstill. The British, whose
favourite topic is The Weather, surely has something to talk about.
  But there's a few things they could do:
  1. Get snowploughs and sand spreaders.
  2. Put on an extra layer of clothes when going out.
  3. Construct railways and Underground trains, so that they can take some snow
and cold.
  4. Drive more slowly (and in Sweden we also use special "winter tyres".)
  If so, there's no reason why a whole country should stop functioning just
because of a little snow.
  BTW, weather here in Stockholm now is pretty mild. Around 0 (Celsius) and a
very mild snow shower, sometimes turning to rain. There's maybe 1 inch of snow
(but we did have a heavy snowall in November, probably over a foot).

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxxx / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande,
sf, fantasy, kultur (skriva-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, subj: subscribe) YXSKAFTBUD,