[sjbiofuels] Meeting minutes 24 January 08

  • From: "Grisha Krivchenia" <grishakriv@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjbiofuels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:35:24 -0800

Hello,

From now on, we'll be posting the minutes on e-mail for everyone to read.

The decisions taken at our last meeting:

1.  Jacob will contact Dan and Helen directly to renew the process of fiscal
agency with them.

2.  Creedence has a lead with a nonprofit in Seattle that uses a biodiesel
generator to propel their boats.  He will contact this organization as a
potential fiscal agent, as a backup to Island Stage Left.

3.  Since the Lush property needs a lot of work, we took a unanimous
decision for a new approach in the next couple of months.  Here it is:

A.   We will start storing oil ASAP at a different site.
B.  We will give this oil to Whole Energy, a Bellingham-based Biofuels
refinery.  (Initially, we will give it to them in the five gallon buckets we
receive).

Here are the benefits:
1.  The oil will be out of the landfill
2.  We start generating a revenue stream for SJ Biofuels.  (The town pays us
to get rid of that stuff).
3.  We will build the relationships and the array of equipment that we need
to produce our own fuel.
4.  We will be doing something tangible about the problems we hope to
address.
5.  We will position ourselves as the collector/distributor of waste oil on
the Island(s).

In order for this to work, we just need a site!  Close to or in town is
good.  Everyone keep your eyes and your address books open.

Jacob will be checking out the garage at Spring Street School tomorrow.  We
hope to tell the town that we are ready for their oil early next week!

4.  Grisha was elected to serve as secretary for 2008.

Our Task List:
Jacob to contact Dan and Helen
Credence will follow his lead with the Seattle nonprofit.
Everyone will work on finding a new site
Once a site is found, Jacob will talk to the town administrator about
sending the oil to us.