[Sixteen] Yuki and Ly meet

  • From: "Ly Trang" <lytrang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sixteen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:59:44 -0500

Sixteen
Mike as Ly Trang
Julia as Yuki Iwakura
"Second period Run-in"

The bell rang dismissing first period. Ly carefully gathered her
things and made her way towards the door. As usual, there was a traffic jam
getting out of the classroom and into the hallway. Most of the other students
were pushing their way towards the door rather than giving those in front a
chance to exit first.

Yuki watched as students would crush themselves in a desperate attempt to leave
the room before the teacher could pass the homework. He felt drowsy and
annoyed. Lying closed under his arm was a text book with the golden words
"Shakespeare's plays". The teacher, a woman with a patch of gray hair among a
black curled mess stared at him behind her glasses. Yuki looked at the window
and stood up. The next class was Interpersonal Relations. He hated it. It was
the class his mother begged him to register for. With a heavy sigh, Yuki left
the room slowly.

Ly sighed, slightly annoyed with the situation. She wondered why everyone
couldn't just wait their turn. It seemed the other students were in a hurry to
maximize their locker time so they could get a few quick words in with their
friends before the next class started. Ly sighed again momentarily wishing she
had her own crowd to hang out with in the halls. Her thoughts were suddenly
interrupted as a larger boy pushed his way passed her. Without warning, Ly?s
balance suddenly shifted knocking her off of her feet.

Suddenly, before he could dodge, a girl came flying towards him. Yuki was so
surprised he was quickly taken out of balance and fell from the ground rather
easily. He had seen that girl before. She was, besides himself, the only Asian
in school. She was as surprised as he was and excused herself hurriedly. Yuki
nodded, hearing her apologies with a confused expression. ?Oh, I?m terribly
sorry,? Ly said struggling to her feet. ?Are you alright??

"It?s no problem." he picked his stuff from the ground and, hesitating, grabbed
a few of hers as well. "This happens a lot, ?specially after first period." His
voice was as blank as possible. Yuki decided it was best to ignore her
question. He handed her belongings back to her. "You are not hurt, are you?"

?No, I?m? I?m fine?? She said. It was obvious to Yuki from her wide eyes that
she was surprised to see him.  ?Hey you?re Asian too!? she exclaimed suddenly.
?I mean, um,? Ly stammered not quite sure what to say.  ?Sorry, I didn?t mean
to sound so surprised. I just hadn?t seen anyone else here that was Asian. I
thought I was the only one.? She smiled and offered her hand. ?I?m Ly Trang. I
just moved here right before school started,? She said.

Yuki felt a little awkward, indeed he was somewhat surprised when he saw an
Asian in that gaijin school but would never even dare to say it to anyone.

He scratched his head in silence, thinking about what to say next.
"I see...I am Iwakura Yuki, I mean...my name is Yuki" as he spoke his voice
faded almost to complete silence.

She used her out stretched hand and took the stack of green flyers that Yuki
had picked up from the floor and offered back to her. ?Thanks,? she said
glancing down at the flyers.  ?I um, am recruiting students for the
environmental club Mr. Sunderhaus is putting together. Our first meeting is
today after school. I don?t know if that?s your thing or not,? Ly said meekly
offering him a flyer from the top of the stack.

With an even more surprised look, Yuki took the flyer gently and stared at it.
"Environmental club?" he wondered why would he care for something like that.
"I...guess I could drop by." The Asian boy tried to smile but what came out was
a strange mix of curiosity and fright. He took a deep breath, rearranging his
belongings. The screeching noise of the bell rang through the school's
hallways. Yuki felt relieved. "I must go...if you excuse me, Ly."

?Uh oh, the one minute warning bell! We?re going to be late! Nice meeting you
Yuki,? she called as she raced to her second period class and prayed she make
it to French class before the final tardy bell.

OOC: Where has everyone else been? I've missed you guys! Come visit the board
and say hi or something!
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm