[SimpleMail-usr] Re: simplemail v0.27 folders bug?

  • From: m.nuttall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 20:18:56 +0000

Quoting Bernd Gollesch <bgollesch@xxxxxxx>:

> Hoi Martin,
>
> > when adding a different partition to the prefs for folder location
> > simplemail brings up 2 incoming and 2* the other default folders. 1 lot
> > in the original directory (program) and another lot on the new
> > partition.
>
> I can not reproduce this.
>
> 1. Start Simplemail
> 2. Open Config
> 3. Changed "Folder directory"
> 4. Saved config
> 5. Exit Simplemail
> 6. Start Simplemail
>
> only one of each Folder is displayed.
>
> > I have deleted the ones in the program directory but they come back
> > again when quitting and reloading simplemail.
>
> Hm. Maybe they somehow got in the ".order" File in the new Folderpath.
> Check with an texteditor (or rename it to try it out).

I renamed the order file in the new path and you are correct there was the
original paths in that file when examined with a text editor.

However there is no new order file there should there be?

Also will the renaing the file create problems in the future?
as i would rather not edit out the old paths as programs can be fussy with
spaces etc

thanks for your help

Martin N