[SimpleMail-usr] Re: (no subject)

  • From: sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx (Sebastian Bauer)
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 08 Dec 2001 15:40:33 +0100

Hello Hynek,

>> Also, a more complete ARexx port
>> would make people look at SM with even more interest, for example
>> letting
>> them to import email from other mailers. ;)
> Sure, that is planed.

I plan for the next release a fully ARexx Port in most cases compatible
with the YAM's one.

> What do you mean with robust? We store them as received, I think that is
> the most robost way to store them, when you make Files like THOR, you get
> serious problems even when a single bit is changed.

With one big file I see problems when moving and deleting mails if you have
a lot of them. Also one a hard disk crash if you lost this file you have
lost emails, so the current method is a better option for me at the moment
and for the first offical version.

>> In the long run (albeit I know you'll be tempted to go for it ASAP...),
>> IMAP support and other niceties not yet seen on the Amiga would turn
>> some
>> heads. That, and some of the features of "The Bat!" would win you a good
>> share of the /market/,
> IMAP is a little bit hard to make as it is quiet strange, maybe
> IMAP-Folders would be an idea. (every folder coresponds with an IMAP
> folder)

I actually have no glue about IMAP. But I guess we will add this
functionality in the future somewhen.

>> and the shareware concept would start to become
>> more than reasonable ;)
> SimpleMail will _always_ be free, quote me in 20 years. ;)

SimpleMail is even OpenSource ;) So still everyone is invited to help us!

Ciao
Sebastian
--
  Twas a woman that drove me to drink......never had the
  decency to write and thank her.