[SimpleMail-usr] Re: new NList related problems

  • From: "Sebastian Bauer" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:49:18 +0200

Kulwant Bhogal wrote:
> Yes but even if I am displaying a plain text email?????

> Why should SimpleHTML get involved for plain text?

Because it is. Simplehtml.library is used for everything which involvs
displaying text. I think it's a good candiate for your problem.

>> The easiest would be to run SimpleMail on  a completly plain
>> installation.
> Seeing as I am using a BVision GFX card (and have done for the last
> 4-5
> years) - I can't see how I can run that without using CGX - which I
> know is one of the biggest patches that Classic Amigas can run.

It would be interesting to know what happens if you run without CGFX. It
really seems a bad interaction with the graphic subsystem. But I can't test
it myself because I only have an OS4 system. So if you have a chance to do
it, I would be glad if you do it.

Another interesting approach of verifying this theory would be to install a
previous version of simplehtml.library about the current one (but be sure
that it was flushed before and that no other simplehtml.library resides in
the LIBS: path). But I don't know if SimpleMail accepts the old one.

> I just tried running on an AGA screen and the slowness problem is
> still there - although it is harder to tell because AGA is slower
> than a gfx card anyway.

Once installed CGFX is used everywhere also for AGA screens.

> The strange thing is scrolling within the edit window is as fast as
> usual - it's only the read window which is affected.

It's completly unrelated. It seems to be related to the double buffer
feature of simplehtml.library which has been recently introduced.

Ciao,
Sebastian