[SimpleMail-usr] Simplemail 0.23 arexx commands

  • From: Alchimie-III <feria-3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bernd Gollesch <bgollesch@xxxxxxxx>, simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 09 Feb 2004 14:13:48 +0100

Hello,
thank you for your response.

You told me in this message

> Hi,

> >I 'am using AREXX (Pixload  software) but Simplemail lacks of Arexx commands
> >such as : POP server commands, statistics figures -> number of mails sent,
> >etc... to use it in another application.

> Not all ARexx commands are described, eg:
>         MAILFETCH ACCOUNTEMAIL/K,ACCOUNTNUM/K/N (No result)

> But yes, there are some usefull commands missing.

I looked again for Arexx commands but in the guide (version 0.22 only, I
havent't 0.23 guide), there is no such arexx command ! here are commands in the
guide :

SUPPORTED AREXX COMMANDS

ADDRGOTO        ALIAS/A
ADDRNEW         VAR/K,STEM/K,TYPE,ALIAS,NAME,EMAIL => ALIAS
ADDRSAVE        FILENAME
FOLDERINFO      VAR/K,STEM/K,FOLDER => NUMBER/N,NAME,PATH,TOTAL/N,NEW/N,
GETSELECTED     VAR/K,STEM/K => NUM/N/M
GETURL          URL/A,FILENAME/A
HIDE
MAILADD         VAR/K,STEM/K,FILENAME/A,FOLDER => FILENAME
MAILINFO        VAR/K,STEM/K,INDEX/N => INDEX/N,STATUS,FROM,TO,REPLYTO,
MAILLISTFREEZE
MAILLISTTHAW
MAILLISTFREEZE
MAILREAD        VAR/K,STEM/K,WINDOW/N,QUIET/S => WINDOW/N
MAILWRITE        MAILTO/K,SUBJECT/K
MAINTOFRONT
NEWMAILFILE      VAR/K,STEM/K,FOLDER => FILENAME
READCLOSE
READINFO         VAR/K,STEM/K => FILENAME/M,FILETYPE/M,FILESIZE/N/M
READSAVE         PART/N,FILENAME/K,OVERWRITE/S
REQUEST          VAR/K,STEM/K,BODY/A,GADGETS/A => RESULT/N
REQUESTFOLDER    VAR/K,STEM/K,BODY/A,EXCLUDEACTIVE/S => FOLDER
REQUESTSTRING    VAR/K,STEM/K,BODY/A,STRING/K,SECRET/S => STRING
SCREENTOBACK
SCREENTOFRONT
SETFOLDER        FOLDER/A
SETMAIL          NUM/N/A
SETMAILFILE      MAILFILE/A
SHOW

and I would prefer Arexx POP server commands, statistic commands to integrate
them into Pixload 5

I made another pictures for this (see at www.pixel-art.fr.st) or attached files

> >How can I put off appicon on workbench screen without delete files .info in
> >images folder in Simplemail ?

> NYI for the Stati-AppIcon.
> The Iconified AppIcon can be switched off in the MUI-Prefs->System

thanks

> >When I receive much attached files, I can save them hard disk because
> >reading mail window is not large enough (even in 800x600). to ses all icons.
> >May you add "SAVE ALL FILES ATTACHED" button at top of this window ?

> You can scroll the attachment list while pressing & holding down the left
> mousebutton inside the attachment group. There are some thoughts to
> expand the functionality for the attachmentlist but NYI.

I tried but I can"t reach attached files icons at right (I don't see them). It
would be nice to add a slider for attached files.

thanks too

> >The "locale" file is a .mo file : how can I modify ? (catedit)

> It's not a standard Amiga-catalog file. Simplemail doesn't use the
> Localesystem from AmigaOS.
> You can download the source-catalog-files (POTFILES or so) from the
> sourceforge site inside the "po" directory.
> You will need msgfmt (GeekGadgets) to generate the mo files.

I think we talked together before about Pixload :).

> cu, Bernd

Bye

-- Type: image/jpeg
-- File: shutdown.jpeg