[SimpleMail-usr] SimpleMail lock up problem - filters and check new mail

  • From: Kulwant Bhogal <kulwant.bhogal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 05 Aug 2003 15:36:50 +0000

Hi all,

Sourceforge seems to be down at the moment otherwise I would log this bug
straight on there.

I think I have found an easily reproduceable lockup problem. I have a
broadband connection and have my "check for new emails" setting set to every 10
mins.

For some strange reason I have started getting a lot of spam recently so I
have been spending a lot of time in the Filters window setting up some
filters to deal with all the spam. What I have discovered is that if the
Filters window is open for a long time I think that the email receive
doesn't take place and somehow causes SM to go into a loop where it sucks up
all CPU time when you finally come out of the Filters window. I am not sure
if the bug relates to the actual Filters or whether it is something to do
with not being able to do the mail transfers while the filters window is
open but something that definitely needs checking. I have definitely had the
same lock up three times now after setting up a lot of filters.

Kind regards,

Kulwant