[SimpleMail-usr] Re: Printing email

  • From: Dennis Smith <dennis48066@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 01 Jul 2005 01:34:45 -0500

Hello Bernd,

On 06/30/2005, you wrote:
> Hoi Dennis,

>>> Hm, Simplemail does write directly to PRT:
>>> Do you get any Error-Requester?
>>                No errors; no requestors -- no nothing -- well almost...

>> Does that give you any clues to what's going on?  If there was something
>> to report. I would without hesitation. Printing is getting as mysterious
>>  as linux printing! =:o

> Sorry to say, but I don't know what it can be.
> I just set my output from "prt:" to "ram:test" and there it was,
> a complete copy of the output which should be printed.

I'm printing an email -- just like in V.25: the header is printer nice, then
when the first character of the message is printed it ends. There are no
errors and everything is normal.

You can't print what is not received , right. Something terminates the
message body right  after  the first character.  I just  printed yours:
.
.
From:Bernd Gollesch <bgollesch@xxxxxxx>
To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SimpleMail-usr] Re: Printing email
Date: Thursday June 30 2005 5:27:23 PM
Replies To:simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

.
.

----

Do you got an "End of file" marker hanging loose ?

> Maybe it's something in the filehandling of the OS4 version.
> There are different startup codes for OS3, OS4 and MorphOS.
> I only have OS3, so I can't test the other one.

OK, I'm using a SFS partition for Simplemail..

Regards, Dennis