[SimpleMail-usr] Multi-parts parsing problem ? (Was: Re: ARexx and first impressions)

  • From: "AmigaPhil" <AmigaPhil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 26 Aug 2009 21:21:41 +0100

Previously, I wrote :

>>> Question 2: Some of the imported mails are not properly parsed.
>>> These are shown as having a "!" icon in the status columns, and

I realized that the "!" icon does not report an error, but notify
that the mail has the "urgent" flag set.  So no problem with that.

>>> nothing displayed in the 'show mail' window.
>>> Are there any known problems about parsing a multi-parts MIME mails ?
>>
>> No. Please check the filename column (you may need to enable this) for
>> which mail this exactly happens. Also check, whether rebuilding the
>> index helps.

Is there a way to rebuild the index from SimpleMail ?
When SimpleMail is running, the Incoming.index file dissapear.
It is re-created on exit.  But leaving SimpleMail and restarting it
does not clear the above problem (nothing shown in the mail window;
and when double-clicking on the mail entry from the mail list, the
mail is shown with multi-parts headers in it, but no part icons
to select at the bottom of that window.)

> This also happens if I first export the same mail from Thor (mbox format)
> and import it to SimpleMail from the menu > Import mbox File.
> Would you like to have a look at it (sent to your email) ?

I suspect that a mail which has multi-parts parts nested can
confuse SimpleMail.

AmigaPhil