[SimpleMail-usr] Re: Joining the project (Was: Re: ARexx - ADDRNEW)

  • From: "AmigaPhil" <AmigaPhil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Sebastian Bauer" <simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 7 Sep 2009 0:37:35 +0100

Sebastian Bauer wrote :

> Okay, you need the rights to do so, which you should have now.

I've started to do some clean-up in the track lists (bad title,
duplicates, ...).  But I'm bored for today.  ;-)

> What kind of configuration are you using? I think there is CVS client
> avaible for classic Amigas, one that doesn't use GG. Check out Aminet.
> It shouldn't take too much  HD space either. Once, I used one myself on
> a very tiny HD :) At least checking out the sources would help (you
> don't need to check out the whole tree, just the parts that are
> interesting for you).

Amiga4000 040 (40Mhz with WarpEngine), OS3.5, 53Mb free ram, and around
100MB HD space free on the largest partition.

I had a look at a CVS package on Aminet.  It is not too big (around
600Kb for the binary).  But then the documentation was in a man format,
and I hadn't a man reader at hand (so I gave up).

I've uploaded an updated version of the guide as a patch.
(Hope I did it properly.)

I'll see in the next days if I can install, configure, and use the
CVS thing.  :-)

AmigaPhil