[SimpleMail-usr] Re: Happy New Year to one and all. SimpleMail 0.30 released???

  • From: Kulwant Bhogal <kulwant.bhogal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 07 Jan 2007 11:45:30 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

-----Original Message-----
From: Sebastian Bauer [mailto:mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 07/01/2007 09:41:02
Subject: [SimpleMail-usr] Re: Happy New Year to one and all. SimpleMail 0.30
released???

>> Would it be possible to have all the latest fixes in SimpleHTML but with
>> the fast scrolling for CGX4 as it was in SimpleHTML0.19?

> I still think there is something weird in your config. However, an idea
> would be to add an envarc option which disables the double buffering.

Many thanks for your reply.

That might be a good idea - unless you can spot what may be causing the
trouble from the information below.

I'm running OS3.9 on a BlizzardPPC with a BVision GFX card using CGX4.2. I
am running no other hacks/patches etc - only official software.

My CGX Env vars are:

Alertmenu       1
Hide15bit       1
SuperGels       1
WBPatSpeedup    1
HiResCrsr       1
Plane2Fast      1
Superlayers     1
ForceChunky     1

NoPassThrough   0
CPUP2C          0
KeepAmigaVideo  0
SaveMem         0
UseSemaphores   0

CGX Tooltypes are:

BITMAPCACHE     Y
BOOTLOGO        Y

Packed24        N
ScrollMask      N
PassThrough     N

Is there anything which looks untoward?

I don't get any other problems with double/triple buffering in other
apps/games etc - eveything runs fine - even video playback.

What is the difference between the scrolling routines called by SimpleHTML
0.19 vs later ones? Are they CGX double buffering routines?

Kind regards,

Kulwant