[SimpleMail-usr] Re: Can't run Simplemail

  • From: Bart Mathias <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 11:23:13 -1000

Bernd Gollesch wrote:
> Hoi Bart,
>

>>I mentioned [...] that I hadn't been able to use YAM
>>for e-mail since my ISP of choice went SSL.  The suggestion [was] to
>>try SimpleMail, so I did.
>
> Doesn't YAM have SSL support? AFAIK, YAM has SSL support if you have
> installed AmiSSL V1 (which is also required for Simplemail SSL support).

I thought it should work.  After I installed and ran AmiSSL, the SSL
check box in the YAM configuration became unghosted so I could check it,
but I still was never able to log in.  Maybe I should try it again in OS4.

>>[...]
>
>>2.  Why does the foolowing happen?
>>"Couldn't open simplehtml.library version 0"
>>Now what?
>
> Can you check with Snoopdos what happens?

I should have thought of that.  I'll try it today.

Is the file in the "Libs" directory of your Simplemail installation?

Yes.  I unarc'ed into RAM: and tried it from there, and I copied the
whole drawer to hard disk and tried it from there.

> Simplemail checkes for the Lib in "PROGDIR:Libs" and "PROGDIR:". If these
> two fails it just ask the system to open the lib without a specific path.
>
> Also library names are case sensitiv. "simplehtml.library" must be all
> lowercase
> and maybe "Libs" must also match, don't know.

All I did was unarc it.  I expected it to run when I clicked on the icon
thereafter, but I get that "couldn't open library" message.

Thanks for the response.  I guess if I can't figure out how to do it
with AmiSSL and YAM, getting SimpleMail to work isn't goint to do any good.