[SimpleMail-usr] Re: ARexx and first impressions

  • From: "AmigaPhil" <AmigaPhil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bernd Gollesch" <simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 14 Aug 2009 19:52:37 +0100

Bernd Gollesch wrote :

> This will work for spaces and linefeed:
> [...]

Excellent !!

Adding the BODY keyword does indeed fix the spaces issue.

> 'request body "'out'" "ok|cancel"'

The "*n" to insert a linefeed works as well.
(That makes sense, as it is the escape code use in AmigaDos.  Maybe I'm
too used to the backslashed escape sequences common in other scripting
languages; like \n \s ...)

>> For example, I don't know what most VAR/K,STEM/K arguments are for,
>> and how to use them.  More examples of usage would be welcome too.
>
> Yep, some examples would be creat. VAR is if you don't want to use the RESULT
> variable for the result but your own one and stem if you want the result in a
> stem variable of your own.

Noted.

> Ähem, there is a REQUESTFILE command, just not documented :)
>
> Template:
> STEM/K,DRAWER,FILE/K,PATTERN/K,TITLE/K,POSITIVE/K,NEGATIVE/K,ACCEPTPATTERN/K,R
> EJECTPATTERN/K,SAVEMODE/S,MULTISELECT/S,DRAWERSONLY/S,NOICONS/S

Great !

Thanks !

AmigaPhil