[SimpleMail-usr] Re: ARexx and first impressions

  • From: Bernd Gollesch <bgollesch@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: simplemail-usr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 14 Aug 2009 10:51:31 +0100

Hoi AmigaPhil,

just a fast answer, not much time here:

> help = "blah blah blah"
> 'REQUEST "'help'" "Continue|Quit"'
> Before I eventually try an alternative to REQUEST, do you know a
> workaround to 'force' a linefeed in the BODY text ?

This will work for spaces and linefeed:

/**/

ADDRESS SIMPLEMAIL.1

lf = "*n"
line1 = "first line"
line2 = "second line"
out = line1 || lf || line2
'request body "'out'" "ok|cancel"'

Short description: Use "*n" for linebreaks and use the BODY argument if it
contains spaces and the single/double quotes combination as you have allready
done.

> For example, I don't know what most VAR/K,STEM/K arguments are for,
> and how to use them.  More examples of usage would be welcome too.

Yep, some examples would be creat. VAR is if you don't want to use the RESULT
variable for the result but your own one and stem if you want the result in a
stem variable of your own.

> Less important is that SimpleMail missed to have its own REQUESTFILE,
> so this create a dependency with the AmigaDOS command (was REQUESTFILE
> available in OS2.x ?)

Ähem, there is a REQUESTFILE command, just not documented :)

Template:
STEM/K,DRAWER,FILE/K,PATTERN/K,TITLE/K,POSITIVE/K,NEGATIVE/K,ACCEPTPATTERN/K,REJECTPATTERN/K,SAVEMODE/S,MULTISELECT/S,DRAWERSONLY/S,NOICONS/S

--
cu, Bernd