[sib-access] Re: the two small notes after a trill

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <Dale.Lieser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 08:19:17 -0500

Yes. Here's where it gets rather more complicated. Since the grace notes
are inserted BEFORE the note:

1. Create a 2nd voice (alt_2). On the last beat of that 2nd voice,
divide it into small rests, such as 32nd perhaps.
2. Be sure all of the rests in this work-around voice 2 are hidden
(ctrl_shift_h on each)
3. Now insert your grace notes before the last of those rests, but do
not hide them.

You'll probably have to verify correct spacing via a sighted assistant.
But this is the work-around I got a few years ago from the Sibelius
forum.

Dale