[sib-access] Re: preserving preferences

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 01:11:30 -0000

Ugur,

The problem with the F3 keystroke has already been spotted. It's nothing to
worry about, it just means that there was no filtered text at the current
position.

The Alt+F5 keystroke was removed in this version, so it shouldn't do
anything. You're probably getting this message because JAWS is trying to run
a script that doesn't exist anymore. This shouldn't be happening if you
replaced all the script files.

It may be that you have an old JKM file which is making JAWS think that
Alt+F5 is still a scripted keystroke.

The Ctrl+F5 keystroke speaks the concert pitches of the notes. (Concert
pitch is another term for sounding pitch.) If you're in a guitar staff or
double bass staff then the pitches should be spoken an octave lower than the
usual announcements, because the usual announcements speak the written
pitches and not the concert pitches.

Hope this helps,

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk