[sib-access] Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: Sebelius access on Windows 7

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:37:49 -0000

Hi Richard,

It's right in some senses and wrong in others.  That sounds insane, so I'll
explain:

1 - I forgot you were running Windows 7, so my advice to look in
c:\documents and settings\ was incorrect, as this structure now exists as
c:\users\ on Windows 7;

2 - It's only the correct path if you're logged in as a user with the user
name of "computer";

3 - Jaws doesn't support Windows 7 correctly until version 11.  I know that
you can get some functionality out of the system using Jaws 10, but there
are very definitely all sorts of other problems.

I've not tried trying to connect to Jaws 10 Tandem under Windows 7, but I'm
prepared to give it a try if you like.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess
Raised Bar Ltd