[sib-access] Result of Scanning Your File

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 21:35:46 -0800

Alison,

A little more information. I scanned in your PDF file using a product called
Smartscore MIDI Edition Version 2.0. I think the current version is 3 or 4
by now. It probably costs around $150 - $250 online. I first "printed" your
PDF file to a tiff file, since SS MIDI cannot read a PDF file. The result,
after the recognition process as I reported to you off-list, was pretty
astounding.

I didn't yet try to use the PhotoScore Light that comes with Sibelius. I may
try it later, but I think since it's a free add-on to Sibelius 5 it may be
limited.

I also downloaded the PhotoScore Deluxe demo from the Sibelius website and
gave it a spin. It allows use of a PDF file, which is very nice. However
since it's a demo, it would only recognize one page of the score and does
not allow saving anything. I think the studen version costs $99 and I'm not
anxious to buy it. However the one page that did recognize sounded pretty
much like it was all good.

I also have a copy of Sharp-Eye from Dancing Dots but I also didn't try that
one yet, since my first attempt seemd to come out so well.