[sib-access] Re: PDF conversion.

  • From: sandra gayer <sandragayer7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:00:19 +0000

Hello everyone,
How are you all doing? I was just wondering how good Sibelius 5 is at
reading from PDF files and converting them to music scores. Could it
cope with difficult files, IE, Kapustin or even Cage? Is layout a
problem?

If anyone has an opinion about the different programmes for PDF
conversion, I would be delighted to hear them. The only dedicated
programme I am aware of at present is PDF to Music Pro. Smart Score X
Pro is also very good but I have SharpEye already for the scanning. I
would like to know which programme is the best at converting and, if
possible, which one can be used in conjunction with a screen reader
most effectively.

All the best,
Sandra.

http://www.sandragayer.com