[sib-access] Re: Help With First and Second Endings

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 23:34:57 -0700

Justin,

Claudio brings up exactly my question, as well. A rehearsal mark is usually
a marker needed somewhere in the piece. Telling the player to "go to the
beginning of the score" is more meaningful to them than telling them to go
to mark "A" and having them look for it all over the place. Musicians are
not accustomed to looking at the beginning for a rehearsal mark.

That said, you could probably fool Sibelius.

Start your score on bar 2.
leave bar 1 empty
Put your rehearsal mark on bar 2
Delete the preceding bar.

If you already have music on the first bar, see if you can insert a bar at
the beginning and then do the steps above.

Don't know if this will work, but it might.

Dave
much easier to do